Barr. Ahmed Abdu
Ahmed Abdu, Esq is the Director, Legal Services of the Nigerian Meteorological Agency.
In 1988, He obtained (LL. B) Hons from Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto State Nigeria. Became a Barrister at Law (B.L) in 1990. Mr Abdu further obtained a Master of Law (LL.M) in June 2010 from the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Kaduna State Nigeria.
His professional career started in 1990 working with the Arewa Law Chambers, Katsina State, Nigeria. Between 1991 to 2005 he worked at the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Usman Dalhatu and Co Chambers, Katsina and the Ministry of Justice Katsina State. Between 2007 to 2015 he served as Clerk/Permanent Secretary at the Katsina State House of Assembly coordinating, supervising and forwarding bills. He also facilitated the screening exercise of members of the Katsina State Executive Council. He also coordinated the activities and functions of seven departments of the State House of Assembly.
Between 1997 to 2005, Ahmed Abdu, Esq has served as a member of various Technical Committee in Katsina State on Verification, Administration on Local Government Liabilities examination etc. He actively participated in some landmark cases at the Supreme Court of Nigeria some of which include:
A.G Federation Vs Abia State & 35 ors (2001) 11NWLR pg. 89
• A.G Abia State Vs A.G Federation and 35 ors (2002) 3SC pg.106
• A.G Ondo State Vs A.G Federation and 35 ors (2002) 9NWLR Pt. 779 Pg. 222
He attended various National, International Conferences, Seminars and Workshops some of which include:
• Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) in India 2007, Malaysia 2008, Tanzania 2009 and Kenya 2010
• Capacity Building Workshops on Parliamentary Proceeding in Sokoto State, Nigeria 2007, Bauchi State 2008, Kaduna 2009 organised by Ahmadu Bello University Zaria
• International Workshop on Spatial Information for Sustainable Management of Urban Areas Mainz Germany 2009
• International Conference Organised by International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) Third Sector on how to partner with members of Georgia Legislative Black Caucus in area of Public Housing, Waste Disposal Management. Solar Energy and Education Georgia Atlanta the USA
In 2017, he joined the services of the Nigerian Meteorological Agency as Director, Legal Services. He brings his wealth of experience to the Agency. He is a happily married, family man